The Shop Release Designer performs technical and administrative duties relating to shop release functions and programs including in the areas of 3-D Modeling, Production Drawings, and Creating Manufacturing Files.
- Process documentation and prepare drawings relating to the Production team
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software such as AutoCAD and Pro/Engineer to create production drawings, bills of materials and manufacturing files based on customer supplied specifications.
- Designs sheet metal components for custom HVAC equipment.
- Provides technical support and instruction to staff regarding standard drawings and assemblies.
- Applies principals, techniques and standard procedures to the production of Air Handling Equipment.
Skills & Abilities
- Education: Associate Degree in Drafting, Engineering, or related field, preferred.
- Experience: 2 years of Drafting/Designing experience, required.
- Computer Skills: Basic AutoCAD skills, required. Beginner 3D modeling with Creo/Pro Engineer. MS Office suite including high proficiency with Excel, preferred.
- Certificates & Licenses: Drafting or Designing certificate, preferred.
- Other Requirements: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented and ability to adapt to a variety of issues that require prompt and efficient resolutions. Ability to work autonomously and assist in complex Shop Release issues and duties.