This position will play a major role in helping us grow our top line, by leading cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Quality & Engineering) to deliver projects both domestically and abroad.
- Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to program deliverables. Contributes to the development of project timing.
- Continually hone and develop project management and leadership skills to make sure the business is the best in their class among competitors.
- Engage in proactive design and commercial relationships with suppliers to ensure the best cost and service are provided.
- Perform in leadership role for the discovery and implementation of qualified suppliers to drive competitive advantage for the Company.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to ensure sourcing decisions and supplier performances are managed for the best interest of the Company.
- Actively participate with Business Development, Engineering, Quality, Product Management, Operations, and other internal organizations regarding new technology requirements, service level requirements as well as competitive cost pressures to determine appropriate sourcing and risk management strategies.
- Responsible for managing design and verification projects, working with outside product suppliers.
- Responsible for working with suppliers and Product Management to establish product functional and technical specifications.
- Prioritize and complete project schedules and tasks on-time and within budget.
- Works with suppliers to obtain component designs that meet product, design performance, and reliability requirements.
- Coordinates and leads engineering/product reviews to verify design performance and reliability.
- Follows and reviews laboratory test to support product design and verification.
- Follows established change control process for verification and approval of minor product or process changes made by suppliers for cost or quality improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.
Skills & Abilities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- 10+ years specific experience within a HVAC manufacturing business, sourced products or similar industry experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills and extremely strong communication skills to drive change and improvement within the business
- Excellent project and supplier management skills
- Frequent travel, to include international travel
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools and lean manufacturing a plus
- Experience in global project management and international sourcing a plus
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, etc.)