Product Support is a field and customer facing organization that leads the organization to higher levels of sales effectiveness and ensures optimal customer experience for our channels.
The Product Support Manager is responsible for providing Leadership to the Support team and to ensure that order, market share, and profit goals are met for ClimateMaster product lines. In this role, the position provides leadership to the team to deliver consistent, reliable, and accurate in-depth technical, application, pricing, customer specification review, and complaint resolution support to the field organization (Manufacturers Representatives and Distributors) for all Commercial and Residential Products.
- Ensure a professional field and customer support environment, with measurements in place to track performance and improve the process.
- Must have excellent product and technical knowledge as well as interpersonal skills to manage daily field support and drive long term share growth in identified markets.
- Management of pricing strategies and systems, including delegation of specific pricing authority to assigned Marketing Engineers/ Specialists.
- Assist Manufacturers Reps/ Distributors in developing bid strategies and optimizing the product bill of material.
- Working with Product Management in the implementation, and operation of consistent, data-driven pricing methodology, strategy, and tactics.
- Provide accurate and timely technical/systems/application/customer specification review/complaint resolution support to Manufacturers Reps and Distributor organizations.
- Develop and document solutions to application-specific requirements, execute pre-bid design special activities to facilitate bid process.
- Develop and communicate effective sales strategies. Participate in establishing product lines’ “selling story” with Product Management team.
- Initiate and maintain competitive “differentiation” with Regional Sales and Product Management Team. Make sure department is trained on “hooks.”
- Support launch plans, as necessary, for new product directions with field sales personnel. Continuously improve current knowledge on leading technology trends for the product line.
- Provide leadership to assigned staff on regular basis to understand their business problems and help them find solutions. Establish expectations for the Product Support team and review employees.
- Interpret and communicate technical data for product lines. Development and delivery of training materials, product/marketing documentation, on-line solutions, white papers, peer-reviewed technical publications, or internal product strategy documents.
- Supervision of team to include performance management with quarterly reviews.
- Provide leadership for and direct engagement in Customer Visit programs.
- Develop direct reports in order to effectively support product line growth. All personnel are expected to provide expert support to sales teams to meet product share growth and revenue goals.
- Improve department output by developing team metrics aligned to improving support team’s goals.
- Assist in training field sales engineers and estimators.
- Work closely with RAM’s (Regional Account Managers) and Distributors to track product performance in the marketplace
Skills & Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in product support/HVAC marketing/sales/field experience required and 3 years’ experience leading teams, experience in process ownership and management a plus
Computer Skills: Skilled with MS Office suite and working knowledge of drawing packages