The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing of applicable IEC product lines. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure price, volume, market share and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap via multi-generation product/technology plans.
- Deliver business cases and product requirements with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Works with sales to establish pricing based on market requirements.
- Create product presentations in support of sales.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Be an expert with respect to the products, applications, competition and the markets through use of available tools and resources.
- Develop the core positioning, value proposition and messaging for the product.
- Perform product demos to customers.
- Establish pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals, while monitoring and adjusting tactical pricing to ensure compliance.
- Deliver a monthly sales forecast and be a critical part of a monthly S&OP process.
- Develop sales tools and collateral.
- Propose an overall budget to ensure success.
- Brief and train the sales force at quarterly sales meetings.
- Advocate for change within the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years of experience in HVAC related or industrial/commercial construction.
- Experience in Product Marketing required.
- Skilled with MS Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical background and proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.