The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising plant employees in a manufacturing and/or assembly area. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operation procedures and working conditions.
- Develop, lead and execute daily production plans
- Manage the activities of respective production area
- Ensure that established procedures and processes are being followed
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and employee morale to achieve optimal results in production areas
- Monitor and manage area MDI boards
- Coach and mentor team leads and operators to effectively produce, continuously improve processes and develop talent
- Provides coaching, counseling or disciplinary action(s) as needed
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Determine weighted lead times and plans for improvement
- Implement and assure best practices, which follow Quality Management Systems (QMS), ISO or like quality related to purchasing and inventory control
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work assignments; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing concerns and resolving problems
Skills & Abilities:
- Education: Degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering, Business Management or other related discipline is preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years of plant level operations experience in a high mix/medium volume environment is required. Experience serving large, demanding customers and understanding how to meet their needs. 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills with familiarity with AS400, Microsoft office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Certificates & Licenses: Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a plus
- Other Requirements: Knowledge of operational excellence principles, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and 5S is preferred. Excellent trouble shooting & problem resolution ability is required. Must demonstrate strong verbal and written skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, and management.