The Master Scheduler is primarily responsible to work with Production and Supply Chain to develop and maintain daily production schedules and work center load summaries consistent with the objectives of the business. Manage the flow of parts purchased from the supplier base. Develop production plans based upon forecast, and customer demands. Monitor availability of work centers, personnel, and material for orders. Prioritize work orders, sales orders, and inventory transfers. Responsible for scheduling entire scope of plant production. Manage areas of responsibility in accordance with established policies, procedures and objectives, with consideration to the safety, efficiency, harmony and well-being of the Company and its employees.
- Develops a production schedule and assures timely delivery of product to customer requirements
- Loads work centers to maintain efficient work flow and maximize capacity
- Off loads production to outside sources if work center load demands exceed capacity
- Establishes the production priority and assures completion to the schedule
- Maintains status of in-process orders
- Demonstrates proficiency with the current operating system in all modules pertaining to the correct and timely processing of work functions
- Systematically expedites Purchasing to assure timely delivery of material to maintain production schedule
- Assists with coordinating shipping of equipment
- Follows Lean Manufacturing Practices and continuous improvement champion
- Provides technical assistance and training to employees, assist in coordinating production activities, designs special fixtures or tooling to increase shop productivity or quality, and maintains a safe work environment
- Analyze shop routings, drawings, sketches, and design data to determine best work processes
- Work with Production to maximize production efficiency and maintain production schedules
Skills & Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applied science, preferred.
- Experience: 5 or more years in Operational Excellence or Manufacturing, Machining, Assembly and/or Integration, preferred.
- Computer Skills: Skilled with MS Office suite including high proficiency with Excel, MRP experience, preferred.
- Other Requirements: Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.