Product Support is a field and customer facing organization that leads the organization to higher levels of sales effectiveness and ensures optimal customer experience for our channels.
The Product Marketing Engineer provides consistent, reliable and accurate in-depth technical product, pricing, specification review and complaint resolution support to the field sales organization (Manufacturers Representatives and Distributors). The position applies good oral and written communication skills to clearly communicate with ClimateMaster personnel and field sales to request/provide information and relay data to others. The core function of this role to drive revenue, orders, market share growth, and profit goals for ClimateMaster product lines.
- Execution of pricing strategies and systems
- Working with coordinated jobs to ensure price, margin and costs will meet stated goals
- Travel to sales offices, corporate events, and customer sites in support of ClimateMaster products, including formal presentations, individual discussions, and support of trade-shows
- Working with Product Management in the development, implementation, and operation of consistent, data-driven pricing methodology, strategy, and tactics
- Understanding competitors' products and strategies
- Effectively communicating this information with the field, department, and other functional areas
- Participate in creative thinking, team decision-making and problem solving with people from all parts of the organization
- Answer or find answers to marketing/technical/systems/applications questions when requested by peers and internal & external customers
- Handle all details of assigned projects from inception to completion within mutually agreed-upon timeframes
- Prepare or assist in preparation of promotional and technical materials
- Working with Product Management in the implementation, and operation of consistent, data-driven pricing methodology, strategy, and tactics
- Provide accurate and timely technical/systems/application/customer specification review/complaint resolution support to Manufacturers Reps and Distributor organizations
- Develop and document solutions to application-specific requirements, execute pre-bid design special activities to facilitate bid process
- Develop and communicate effective sales strategies, participates in establishing product lines’ “selling story” with Product Management team.
- Initiate and maintain competitive “differentiation” with Regional Sales and Product Management Team
- Ensures department is trained on “hooks”
- Support launch plans, as necessary, for new product directions with field sales personnel. Continuously improve current knowledge on leading technology trends for the product line
- Interpret and communicate technical data for product lines. Development and delivery of training materials, product/marketing documentation, on-line solutions, white papers, peer-reviewed technical publications, or internal product strategy documents
- Assist in training field sales engineers and estimators
Skills & Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience of product support/HVAC marketing/sales/field experience required.
Certificates & Licenses: None