The Lab Technician will perform laboratory performance tests on HVAC equipment for such purposes as quality and process control, product development and/or engineering change validation. As part of the New Product Development Team, this position will be required to record and communicate results and assist with developing solutions to problems. The Lab Technician handles electrical connections and must practice the highest level of safety and quality while performing all responsibilities.
- Prepare (including verifying all material is available as per specification), set up, and test any existing, or potential product or component. A key responsibility within these test set ups is electrical connection of the unit to the respective power supply. Electrical aptitude and safety are of extreme importance.
- Set up, adjust and operate laboratory equipment and instrumentation such as wind tunnels, psychrometric facilities, and sound meters.
- Tests units used as HVAC applications including fans, motors, hydronic fan coils, and air handlers.
- Test samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications.
- Record test results on standardized forms and write test reports describing procedures used.
- Prepares graphs and charts.
- Perform basic laboratory equipment maintenance and calibrate laboratory instruments.
Skills & Abilities
- Associates degree preferred
- Six months-one-year experience in engineering or manufacturing
- Previous HVAC experience strongly preferred
Certificates & Licenses:
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of LabView preferred
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations