The Regional Account Manager’s primary goal is the promotion and sale of IEC’s products through a network of Manufactures Representatives. It is the responsibility of the RAM to assist in developing annual sales volume and market share goals for their territory and facilitate the attainment of these goals through their activities in the region. The RAM is a representative of IEC and as such should always present themselves in a professional manner with the goal of building effective relationships in their marketplace with and between the HVAC community and IEC. This position does require a high amount of travel that may come on short notice.
- Ability to travel 50% to and meet with various individuals to include; Manufacturers Representatives offices, Engineers, Mechanical Contractors and owners.
- Responsible for the completion of monthly regional forecast
- Participates in trade shows, industry meetings, presentations and educational seminars as required
- Completes weekly construction data research and review followed by reporting to Manufacturers representatives.
- Quarterly Market data reviews with Manufacturers Representatives.
- Responsible for annual regional market forecast, individual Representative plan recommendations and personal growth and sales plan compatible with the growth expectation of the company.
- Review of Manufactures Representatives project take-offs for accuracy, pricing, alternative proposals and sales strategy.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the companies’ products, system applications, selection and ordering programs, promotional tools and coach field sales representatives in their use.
- Develop and maintain a Representative Assessment including information regarding customers and competitors, SWOT analysis and action plans.
Skills & Abilities
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Experience: Two – four years of experience in a sales role; preferably in the HVAC industry. Two years of experience in business management
- Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Office. Highly capable in the use of spreadsheets, business reports and construction data search applications
- Other Requirements: A high level of integrity, advanced social skills and a high self-motivation to excel