The Mechanical Engineer will complete a rotation that builds understanding of the company’s products and design/launch processes. The Engineer will demonstrate experience in 3D modeling parts and assemblies, the release of build packages for high mix production, continuous improvement and flow optimization for a value stream, and creation and evaluation of new products from concept to launch into high mix production. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for building robust specifications, performing the appropriate technical analyses and calculations necessary to ensure field robustness, agency compliance and form/fit/function, and prescribing the proper validation testing.
- Develop deep understanding of derivative order launch process from specification / order initiation to build and ship.
- Provide support in troubleshooting production issues relative to performance, fit, finish and BOM accuracy.
- Model parts and create assemblies utilizing Pro-Engineer and Windchill PLM Software.
- Design Mechanical parts and assemblies in support of NPD (New Product Development) initiatives, including failure mode and effect analysis, advanced predictive engineering tools, performance testing and analysis, and agency certifications.
- Perform structural, thermal, air and water flow calculations to ensure proper product functionality.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure new products are optimized for manufacturability, installation and field service.
- Actively participate in New Product Development Team Meetings and Gate Reviews
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.(Entry level)
- Working familiarity with regulatory entities including UL, ETL, ARI, and ASHRAE preferred.
- Skilled with MS Office Suite
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities required in the examination, planning and completion of research assignments.