The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the release oversight of electrical build packages for a high mix production line and primary liaison engineering responsibility. This includes creation and launch of all Electrical Engineering Documentation required to build and ship products. The Electrical Engineer will ensure all products are wired in the most robust, cost effective manner, while maintaining compliance with all agency related requirements.
- Quickly gain product and process knowledge, including design and product application, failure mode and effect analysis, testing, and agency certifications.
- Develop deep understanding of derivative order launch process from specification / order initiation to build and ship, including current state systems and processes, driving improvements to electrical / wiring practices.
- Provide cross functional support in troubleshooting production issues relative to electrical design, harness production and final assembly wiring.
- Ensure, prior to their launch, the technical robustness of derivative work packages with respect to the electrical system, including Bills of Material and Engineering Documentation, driving high FPY in the plant.
- Provide guidance to, and participate in New Product Development Projects
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years of design experience in a manufacturing environment with HVAC industry and electronics design experience preferred
- Skilled with MS Office Suite
- Lean, or DMAIC Six Sigma Background preferred
- Working familiarity with regulatory entities including UL, ETL, ARI, and ASHRAE preferred.