TO: All Employees
FROM: HR Department
DATE: January 31, 2020
OPENING: IEC Buyer
The Buyer identifies sources of supplies and evaluates vendor’s capabilities of meeting purchase requirements in the procurement of materials and services. This position recommends material substitutions, expedites orders, and reconciles discrepancies in shipments and/or invoices with vendors and contractors. The Buyer will work closely with outside vendors as well as internal departments and must exhibit a high level of service to all customers.
- Order all assigned parts within the required lead-time and in the appropriate quantities, factoring in quantity discounts and freight to ensure we get the best possible delivered cost
- Take responsibility for assigned parts and prevent shortages
- Verify the vendor receives the orders, the dates meet our requirements, and the orders come in on time
- Notify production control whenever production requirements exceed part availability
- Enter orders into the AS400 promptly and accurately
- Cross train to ensure the purchasing department functions properly at all times.
- Create and implement solutions to purchasing problems such as repeated shortages, expedites, or vendor issues
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels based on cost and activity of the parts.
- Develop short- and long-range goals and report monthly on the progress to the purchasing manager
- Present material cost reduction opportunities to the purchasing manager.
- Request and analyze quotes for new and existing items.
Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One to three years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Proficient with MS Office
- Working knowledge of AS400
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit resume to [email protected]