Lab Technician builds engineering prototypes, builds and maintains psychrometric test cell and lab conditioning equipment, and will perform unit modification in and out of the psychrometric test cells.
- Follow verbal and written instructions from Project Engineers, Designers and Senior Technicians, as well as other Managers within the Engineering Department.
- Follow proper processes and procedures for setup and installation of equipment in test cells.
- Follow proper processes and procedures for setup as they relate to regulatory agencies.
- Read and interpret sheet metal drawings, wiring diagrams, and develop wire charts.
- Silver brazing of copper and dissimilar metals such as brass and steel.
- Soft soldering of copper and copper to brass.
- Identify fit, form, and function of the six major components of a heat pump.
- Assemble units and make unit modifications with a minimum of supervision.
- Knowledge of basic refrigeration concepts and tools. An understanding of the basic refrigeration cycle. Ability to identify basic components of the refrigeration cycle and how they interact with each other. An understanding of the pressure temperature relationship and how it relates to the calculation of sub-cooling and superheat
- Knowledge of basic electrical concepts. The ability to apply basic Ohm’s Law principles and how they apply to inductive, capacitive, and resistive circuits. Basic understanding of metrology application and use.
- Knowledge and use of basic hand tools, sheet metal tools, air and motorized tools such as screw guns and drills, as well as grinders, circular and band saws.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education and/or Experience: One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Database software; AS400, Micro-Soft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Certificates & Licenses: LOTO Electrical Safety Certification. CLM Powered Industrial Truck Certification.
- Other Requirements: Effective communication skills