The ClimateMaster Commercial Market Development Manager’s (CMDM) primary goal is the promotion and sale of CLM’s products through a network of Manufactures Representatives (Commercial). It is the responsibility of the CMDM to assist in finding, developing and facilitating ‘external’ customers in which our Commercial Sales Network can assist in growing annual sales volume. The CMDM will facilitate the attainment of these goals through their activities in the US and Canada and Co-Lead efforts with the Commercial Representative Managers (CRM). The CMDM is a representative of CLM and as such should always present themselves in a professional manner with the goal of building effective relationships in their marketplace with and between the HVAC community and CLM.
- Ability to travel 75% to Manufacturers Representatives offices, Engineers, Mechanical Contractors, Distributors and Owner Accounts. Minimum quarterly factory visits following initial training
- Monthly Business Development Account(s) forecast, trip review assessment, new business opportunity (ies) review, and schedule update to Director of Sales.
- Trade shows, industry meetings, presentations and educational seminars as required.
- Annual Business Development market forecast, growth plan recommendations, sales plan compatible with the growth expectation of the company, personal growth opportunities
- Participates with Commercial Representative Managers in review of Manufactures Representatives for targeted growth strategies to obtain a 10% YOY Revenue growth for ClimateMaster.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the companies’ products, system applications, selection and ordering programs, promotional tools and assist Commercial Representative Managers in coaching field sales representatives in their use
- Assist the Commercial Representative Managers in the Development and maintain the Representative Assessment including information regarding customers and competitors, SWOT analysis and action plans (Provided quarterly at Quarterly Sales Meetings)
- Participate, if not initiate VOC (Voice of Customer) along with Product Management throughout the year
- Seek, develop, improve and grow OEM and brand accounts. Current accounts are: HeatController and Enertech (OEM) accounts
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the accounts
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Present business development training and mentoring to marketing support, engineering, customer service and other internal staff
- Research, develop and document a thorough understanding of the opportunity company’s people and capabilities
- Understand ClimateMaster’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the ClimateMaster’s performance
Skills & Abilities:
- Education / Experience: B.S. degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial preferred). Prior work experience in sales of HVAC equipment and systems (Minimum of 5 years’ experience). Understanding of Sandler Sales or equivalent technique, and financial analysis background. Preference is given to an MBA degree candidate.
- Computer Skills: Skilled with MS Office