TO: All Employees
FROM: HR Department
DATE: January 22, 2020
OPENING: CLM – Technical Service Rep
This position is responsible for (1) providing onsite service and support to customers with the overall target to identify and eliminate causes of equipment nuisances and failures and (2) providing technical support remotely by phone to assist contractors and dealers to solve installation, performance, or operational problems
- Field Support
- Travel to job sites, assess operational issues, and resolve problems for which ClimateMaster is responsible.
- Issue well-written, accurate reports of trip findings and activities.
- Travel to job sites and personally commission ClimateMaster products at startup, resolving any issues encountered and completing required documentation.
- Interface/interact as necessary with Field personnel and customers or Engineering and Customer Support during problem assessment and resolution.
- Provide on-site direction to personnel at job site locations when performing rework of product or setup of product.
- Complete failure investigations and serve as a resource for listening to the voice of the customer.
- Take commercial support and residential support phone calls.
- Work through standard or ad hoc investigative sequences to arrive at issues or causes and provide remedies as needed.
- Help the field implement corrections or lead them to solutions.
- Initiate help desk tickets.
- Help the field resolve issues and close records.
- Support Plant and Field Quality initiatives and projects
- Provide support for Technical Services and Engineering concerning problem identification and elimination
Skills & Abilities
- Education / Experience: Associates degree or higher in related field preferred; or a minimum of 6 years experience and/or training in HVAC; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Certificates & Licenses: HVAC license preferred
- Other Requirements: Travel domestically and internationally is required. Knowledge of UL, NFPA, CE, and CSA is preferred. Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish or French).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit resume to HR