The Product Support Manager is responsible for providing Leadership to the Pre-sales Support team and to ensure that order, market share, and profit goals are met for ClimateMaster product lines. In this role, the position provides leadership to the team to deliver consistent, reliable, and accurate in-depth technical, application, pricing, customer specification review, and complaint resolution support to the field organization (Manufacturers Representatives and Distributors) for all Commercial and Residential Products.
- Ensure a professional field and customer support environment, with measurements in place to track performance and improve the process.
- Must have excellent product and technical knowledge as well as interpersonal skills to manage daily field support and drive long term share growth in identified markets.
- Management of pricing strategies and systems, including delegation of specific pricing authority to assigned Marketing Engineers/ Specialists.
- Works closely with the In-process support team (Customer Services) and Post-Sales support team (Technical Services) to coordinate timely customer responses.
- Works with Human Resources as needed and plays a major role in recruiting, onboarding, training, assigning, coaching, and maintaining optimal level of performance of the team.
- Creates and maintains analytical measures of team performance and analyzes statistical data to determine the level of customer service the department is providing, writing reports and strategic recommendations for further consideration.
- Assist Manufacturers Reps/ Distributors in developing bid strategies and optimizing the product bill of material.
- Working with Product Management in the implementation, and operation of consistent, data-driven pricing methodology, strategy, and tactics.
- Provide accurate and timely technical/systems/application/customer specification review/complaint resolution support to Manufacturers Reps and Distributor organizations.
- Develop and document solutions to application-specific requirements, execute pre-bid design special activities to facilitate bid process.
- Develop and communicate effective sales strategies. Participate in establishing product lines’ “selling story” with Product Management team.
- Initiate and maintain competitive “differentiation” with Regional Account Managers (RAMs) and Product Management Team. Make sure department identifies, manages, and is trained on “hooks.”
- Support launch plans, as necessary, for new product directions with field sales personnel. Continuously improve current knowledge on leading technology trends for the product line.
- Provide leadership to assigned staff on regular basis to understand their business problems and help them find solutions. Establish expectations for the Product Support team and review employees.
- Interpret and communicate technical data for product lines. Development and delivery of training materials, product/marketing documentation, on-line solutions, white papers, peer-reviewed technical publications, or internal product strategy documents.
- Supervision of team to include performance management with quarterly reviews.
- Provide leadership for and direct engagement in Customer Visit programs, including helping solidify standard product-level content for customer visits.
- Create a desire to learn and grow the Pre-Sales support team’s involvement in customer visits, including expanding participation, coordination, and presentations within visits.
- Develop direct reports in order to effectively support product line growth. All personnel are expected to provide expert support to sales teams to meet product share growth and revenue goals.
- Improve department output by developing team metrics aligned to improving support team’s goals.
- Assist in training field sales engineers and estimators.
- Work closely with RAM’s (Regional Account Managers) and Distributors to track product performance in the marketplace
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work assignments; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
Skills & Abilities
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or Engineering technology preferred
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience of customer/product support. Experience with successful customer interaction experience that will help facilitate the development of consumer relationships and solutions. Product support/HVAC marketing/sales/field experience strongly preferred.
- Computer Skills: Skilled with MS Office suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and working knowledge of drawing packages preferred.