The Director of Sales and Marketing is accountable for leading all North American and international sales and marketing activities for ClimateMaster and ClimaCool business units. This position is responsible to drive and grow company sales by managing, supporting, and assisting the Regional Account Managers in their given territories and developing and implementing promotional programs. This role is part of the Senior Leadership team and is a driving force in companywide strategic development and execution.
Essential Functions Statements:
- Create and implement tactical and strategic sales and marketing programs to drive achievement of the company’s growth objectives
- Lead a team of regional account managers to maximize sales territory profitability and growth
- Develop key messages and content for digital and traditional marketing programs
- Takes an active role in product development, including working closely with Engineering and Product Management to implement a comprehensive, multi-year product development plan, support the new product introduction process, and develop and execute product launch plans for all new product and systems
- Take a leadership role in representing the company in key customer and industry organizations
- Partners with the management team to align customer requirements with the company's objectives and policies
- Assists and supports Customer Service team and Reps/Dealers in processing and troubleshooting orders
- Coaches Sales team to collaborate with Product Support and Customer Support to achieve high performance
- Continuously work with Sales team to create, develop, and maintain positive, effective business relationships with current and potential customers
- Manage outside vendors as needed to execute marketing materials and programs
- Monitors programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
Skills & Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or related field required (MBA Preferred).
- Experience: Minimum 10 years of technical and/or sales experience. History of working closely with sales and engineering in product development, management, and marketing. Experience in leading performance driven and metric based sales plans and programs. HVAC industry experience and systems knowledge strongly preferred.
- Certificates & Licenses: N/A
- Other Requirements: Excellent written and communication skills with specific experience in executive communication. Strong marketing, negotiation, and decision-making skills with the ability to creatively resolve client concerns and issues.