The Building Technician will support the facility operations in maintaining, trouble shooting and repairing the various plant systems critical to manufacturing operations, including the installation and preventative maintenance of various HVAC equipment; and to respond to a variety of facility related service requests. All assigned tasks will be performed in compliance the company’s policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all employees and the environment.
- Maintaining building systems in state of good repair
- Maintaining tools, supplies and equipment
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting HVACR equipment
- Maintaining a high standard of mechanical installation practices
- Performing preventive maintenance on equipment
- Following all safety requirements and the correct use of appropriate PPE
- Following oral and written instructions
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Understanding of HVAC/Boiler/BMS
- Understanding of Electrical/Controls
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the Facilities Manager
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education / Experience: Occupational or Vocational training in HVAC, controls or similar field preferred. 5 years of experience as Commercial/Industrial service technician or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: MS Office Suite and basic computer skills is preferred
- Other Requirements: Must be able to read and communicate in English. Demonstrates an understanding of Operations Excellence/ Continuous Improvement and structured problem solving in a manufacturing context. Participation in one or more successful Rapid Improvement Events preferred. Knowledge/certification for all jobs on line/area assigned preferred.