The HR Assistant performs technical and administrative duties relating to human resource functions and programs including in the areas of employment recruitment, benefits administration, compensation and employee relations.
- Assists with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provides clerical and administrative support to HR and Leadership teams
- Compiling and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Perform a wide variety of clerical, technical, administrative and office support duties in support of the CLM HR team
- Provide customer service, both in-person and by telephone; screen and direct telephone calls; take and relay messages; answer questions from employees and the public regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations relating to human resources management; respond to employment verification requests, salary and benefit surveys, and other requests for information
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Division; compose and type letters, memoranda, and other correspondence related to assigned human resources programs and activities
- Maintain eligible candidate lists; provide names of employees or HR data to department representatives upon appropriately approved requests
- Process personnel action forms and maintain personnel records
- Coordinate post-offer pre-employment physicals, drug screens or other pre-employment activities as required
- Maintain personnel records ensuring timely and accurate records
- Explain employment benefits and general terms and conditions of employment to employees and department representatives; conduct initial new employee orientation for purposes of ensuring appropriate completion of payroll and benefits documentation
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Experience: 2 years of HR experience Required. Experience serving large, demanding customers and understanding how to meet their needs
- Computer Skills: Skilled with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Certificates & Licenses: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or PHR certification is preferred.
- Other Requirements: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented and ability to adapt to a variety of employee issues that require prompt and efficient resolutions. Ability to work autonomously and assist in complex HR issues and duties