The Production Supervisor will direct the activities within a department in an efficient manner and provide the necessary operational skills to the production floor to support the Company in achieving optimal levels of safety, quality, profitability, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction. The work schedule of this position will vary depending on the production schedule.
- Oversees and supervises the activities of production personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function.
- Supports team leaders and manufacturing teams in eliminating daily line blockages from engineering issues, part shortages, materials delivery, and line flow problems.
- Heads lines to be successful on all operational shop floor metrics to be met and or exceeded (on time delivery, scrap, Takt attainment, etc.).
- Update, track, analyze & report daily / weekly / monthly and quarterly production metrics for the company.
- Ensures that all employees are aware of and enforces the use of prescribed personnel safety equipment / PPE.
- Ensure new employees are trained on all safety procedures and provide on the job training for all new employees and ensure the training matrix is kept up to date.
- Enforces monitoring of production operations to ensure effective quality process controls are in place.
- Communicates, counsels, and disciplines personnel or employees on company policies, safety standards, and 5S (housekeeping).
- Interfaces with other supervisors to direct appropriate support to all company activities, supports other departments when necessary.
Skills & Abilities
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing, machining, assembly, and/or integration. Five or more years in Operational Excellence, preferred. HVAC industry experience, preferred.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills with familiarity with Microsoft office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in an ERP system, preferred.
- Certificates & Licenses: Lean or Six Sigma Certification is a plus
- Other Requirements: Excellent organizational and analytical skills, Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations, Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented and ability to adapt to a variety of employee issues that require prompt and efficient resolutions, Ability to work autonomously and assist in complex issues and duties.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit resume to [email protected]