The Director of Engineering coordinates the engineering and research and design activities, including design, development, production and testing. Implements and maintains overall engineering objectives and initiatives. Confronts and solves performance/operational issues to improve development efficiency. Leads and develops the engineering team. Oversees a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Lead the design and develop new products and features custom air handling equipment
- Lead technical support for manufacturing, sales and service.
- Provide technical guidance to engineering teams and top management
- Supervise multiple VAVE and NPD projects in process by engineering team
- Lead engineering ECN/ECR process
- Write and approve company standards and documents
- Assess capabilities of team and develop team accordingly
- Implement best practice engineering methods
- Develop and maintain engineering budget
Skills & Abilities
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: 10 years in a product design and development role with product design responsibilities; 5 years of product design management experience; Product design, development and support roles with a manufacturer selling into the applied segment of the commercial HVAC space. Experience with commercial air handling equipment is preferred; Experience with approval agencies (UL, ETL, CSA, OHSPD, Miami Dade), certification organizations (AHRI, AMCA) and the appropriate safety and performance standards; Experience with sales, service, and application support
- Computer Skills: Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; Knowledge of 3D parametric model design (Pro E (CREO), preferred)
- Other Requirements: Good written and oral communication skills; Excellent Leadership skills; Background with operational excellence; Thorough understanding of fans, heat transfer coils, air heating, air cooling and dehumidification processes; Thorough understanding of sheet metal manufacturing processes; Knowledge of electrical design requirements for medium voltage AC power circuits, control circuits and DDC controls; Understanding of stage gated new product development process (NPD);Project management skills