Manage all customer inquiries with regards to post shipment such as, warranties, sales concessions, start up and site supervision. This position will be the key resource to prioritize trouble shooting for the technical team, order replacement parts, schedule site visits for service technicians, and coordinate additional technical resources for problem solving as necessary such as engineering, applications and manufacturing. Manage the warranty and sales concession process and provide reports to quality for long term product improvement.
- Provide customer assistance by responding to inquiries regarding startup scheduling, maintenance and/or repair either by phone or e-mail.
- Keeps history of customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments as well as keeping track of actions taken.
- Reviews customer requests for service to determine cause for request, parts required or system issues and whether problem is a warranty issue or non-warranty issue.
- Keeps records of work hours, parts utilized, and work performed for each service call.
- Discussion with customer through scenarios to allow a problem to be corrected without sending a service technician to the customer’s location whenever possible.
- Locates and schedules qualified service technician to be dispatched to customer's location when required.
- Contacts service technicians by e-mail to obtain or give information and/or direction regarding service or installation activities.
- Coordinates with Engineering, Sales, and Manufacturing personnel for recommendations during problem solving investigations.
- Work with Engineering, Quality Control and Manufacturing on potential corrective action items for design and process improvement to reduce warranty cost and exposure.
- Manage and approve of all warranty claims and field labor allowances.
- Initiates and directs customer employee and/or representative certification training classes in startup, service and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist Marketing with product information for Installation, Operation and Maintenance manuals.Able to work mandatory overtime including nights, weekends and/or holidays if necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, required (Engineering preferred) or equivalent industry work experience, and strong mechanical aptitude.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of customer service experience required, experience with chillers and custom air handlers a plus, experience with OEMControls a plus
Computer Skills: Skilled with MS Office Suite.
Certificates & Licenses: None
- Solid technical skills to handle immediate troubleshooting issues with customers and service technicians
- Strong communications skills to handle difficult customers
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities with several teams
- Good process knowledge to develop, implement, and maintain a warranty and sales concession tracking system
- Analyze field issues and develop reports for the quality and management team for action
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and diverse knowledge