The Chiller Engineering Leader leads a team of Engineers and Designers in the design of semi-custom HVAC equipment and products.
- Lead engineers, technicians, designers and other personnel involved in the design, planning and development of engineering projects.
- Participate in engineering/design activities as required to support the business.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- Confer with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Direct, review and approve product design and changes.
- Verify compliance with plans, industry and project standards.
- Be involved with hiring, training and mentoring the engineering team.
- Identify and build relationships with qualified vendors and consultants to assist with functions to be outsourced.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as professional and industry-specific standards and regulations.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
Skills & Abilities
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience: 5-7 years of experience in the HVAC industry. Chiller design experience preferred. Previous supervisory experience, preferred.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in 3D CAD (CREO preferred – Sheet Metal, Piping, Parts, Assemblies, Intralink). Knowledge of 2D AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Other Requirements: Detail oriented, team player, organizational skills, and communication skills.