This position is responsible for performing general maintenance and repair of buildings.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing drain hoses, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- May perform snow and ice removal, and some lawn care.
Skills & Abilities
Education: High School Diploma, preferred.
Experience: 2 years general maintenance experience in an industrial or other similar environment, preferred.
Computer Skills: Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Certificates & Licenses: Ability to obtain forklift, scissor lift, and boom lift certifications.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work
- Ability to record and efficiently document information
- Sufficient ability to read, write and communicate using English language to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)